Your second regular update on all hyperlocal issues Jack has been working on across South Leith, Pilrig, Abbeyhill, Easter Road, Powderhall, Canonmills, Broughton, Bellevue, Bonnington, Albion Road and Hillside.
- Attended Leith Central Community Council on Monday 16th May.
- My focus has been on emptying overflowing communal recycling bins until more sustainable model is in place - a few dozen successful interventions have happened this week.
- Have worked alongside colleagues to raise concerns about the amount of space the Iona Street development is taking up on the pavement and road. Got action on abandoned signage.
- Notified the Council of several pieces of graffiti around the ward.
- Objected to the proposed development at 139 Leith Walk which proposes a high density of new student housing. The Planning Committee will take a decision in the coming months.
- Most importantly, I've been trying my best to assist residents with casework. Please note this can be best dealt with using my Councillor email [email protected] rather than social media.
- Ward walkaround in Albert Street: This week's ward walkabout took place on Albert Street, Buchanan Street and Dickson Street. I've alerted the Council to several issues that need fixed including broken street furniture, uneven pavements, overflowing recycling and abandoned roadworks items. I also litterpicked a whole black bag of rubbish from the streets in the process. Please get in touch if you wish to follow up on any of the issues raised.