Your third regular update on all hyperlocal issues Jack has been working on across South Leith, Pilrig, Abbeyhill, Easter Road, Powderhall, Canonmills, Broughton, Bellevue, Bonnington, Albion Road and Hillside.
- Assisted local residents in securing Conservation Area protection of the Leith Arches, including the Bingo Hall, at the Planning Committee meeting.
- Attended a Friends of Montgomery Street Park meeting.
- Alongside other elected representatives, met with Beaverhall Studios' artists to hear their concerns regarding the future of the space and Edinburgh's approach to studio space.
- Made the case to the Trams to Newhaven team for a new piece of heritage art on Leith Walk involving the old Tram Wheels.
- Met with Lothian Buses and discussed my concerns about the termination of the 22 bus - particularly for Leith Walk ward residents who need to access Waverley Steps, Edinburgh College's Sighthill Campus and the Gyle, as well as the Living Memory Association at Ocean Terminal and the JobCentre at North Junction Street.
- Attended the Leith Neighbourhood Network meeting and joined the #LeithChooses team who are hoping to deliver more particpatory budgeting next year.
- Officially became a member of the following City of Edinburgh Council committees;
- Housing, Homelessness and Fair Work
- Licensing sub-committee
- Lothian Valuation Joint Board
- The majority of my work has involved casework and trying to assist residents with queries. Please email [email protected] if there's anything I can help you with.
On my regular ward walkabout, I reported multiple blocked drains in Stead's Place, am liaising with the Waste team re some overflowing bin hotspots, reported broken signage and picked a bag's worth of litter around Leith, Springfield and Pilrig. However there are larger litter issues on Leith Walk itself which I'll get in touch with the Waste teams about - not helped by the lack of litter bins there at the moment.