Following reports of numerous shed and garage break-ins, the Police have shared some security advice with us.
Please remain vigilant and review the security of your property. Key points for shed/garage security are:
- Use a good quality closed shackled padlock
- Fit coach bolts or anti tamper screws on shed hinges
- Install a stand-alone shed alarm
- Secure bikes within sheds to a ground anchor or immovable object
- Review the lighting and fencing around your property
- Consider a garage defender
If you see anyone acting suspiciously near to your property or vehicle please contact the police immediately with as detailed a description as possible of any person or vehicle involved.
Please call 999 if an emergency and urgent police assistance is required or 101 to report the matter to the police.