Since being elected last year, local Lib Dem Neil Ross has been working hard for the residents of Morningside Ward.
Neil says, “Many local residents have contacted me to discuss Council-related matters or local issues and I am happy to offer my assistance. If you think I can help, please get in touch. I look forward to serving the communities of Morningside, Merchiston, Marchmont, Bruntsfield, Greenbank and the Braids and to representing them on the City Council.”
Neil Ross has lived in Morningside for the last 30 years and is committed to serving his community.
He has spent all of his working life helping people to solve problems. As a Chartered Accountant in Edinburgh for the last 30 years, Neil has been looking after the tax affairs of small businesses, individuals and trustees.
Neil is an elder of Greenbank Church and recently served as Session Clerk. For 25 years he has held a number of leadership roles with the 4th Braid Scout Group. He is married with two grown up children.
He is currently campaigning on:
- Promoting and supporting the recently established Friends of Midmar Paddock community group.
- Improving road safety on Pentland Terrace, Merchiston Avenue and Viewforth Bridge.
- Enforcing 20 mph to reduce speeding on residential streets.
- Preventing over development.
- Getting the basics right - improving our roads and pavements, emptying bins on time and keeping streets clean.
Neil is the Liberal Democrat representative on the Council's Finance and Resources Committee and has also been appointed to the Pensions Committee, Regulatory Committee and Licensing Sub-committee.