Missed bin?

Has your scheduled bin collection been missed? You can report a missed collection - of landfill, recycling or food bins - on-line or by phone. On the Council website, go to www.edinburgh.gov.uk/report and click on the option 'Missed bin collection'. Please note that there is a different option to report an overflowing communal bin. By phone, you should call the dedicated 'Waste Enquiries' number: 0131 608 1100.

"It's good that the council is developing ways for citizens to report problems with their bin collections," thinks Liberal Democrat Councillor Gillian Gloyer.

"However, both the website and the phone hot-line seem to be designed to put people off doing just that. To report a missed bin online, you have to create an account as a registered user, including irrelevant details like your date of birth."

The phone line is automated - you don't get to speak to a human being - and every option seems to start by assuming that
you, the resident, are at fault." Cllr Gloyer's verdict? "The Council says inquiries about uncollected waste have fallen this year. Maybe it's simply because residents found it so difficult to report a missed bin that they gave up trying!"

Share this post on social media:

Sign in with Facebook, Twitter or Email.