Hal Osler was elected as councillor for Inverleith on 4 May 2017.
Hal's priorities for Inverleith are:
- A review of community policing so that there is more presence at a local level to address residents' concerns.
- Supporting 20mph speed limits and a reduction of traffic on residential streets to reduce noise and increase safety
- More repairs and upgrades of recycling bins
- Getting roads and pavements fixed properly the first time and ensure that there is proper investment in improving the poor state of road surfaces.
- Reviewing the present parking tariff structure, so that more residents who pay for their parking permits can actually access a parking space while ensuring adequate pay and display provision.
Hal is the Liberal Democrat member of the Council's Culture and Communities Committee.