Everyone knew that the new university term was going to be the biggest movement of people since the virus started.
Students have been treated in a shabby way and let down. The Scottish Government must take immediate steps to tackle the problem. They need to keep people safe.
Scottish Liberal Democrats have a plan to sort out the student catastrophe:
- Mass routine asymptomatic testing to start in universities to reach people who show no symptoms but who carry the virus.
- Students who test negative to be given the option to return home safely.
- Rent money to be returned to students who leave their accommodation, temporarily or permanently.
- Unwell students to get additional support from universities and local health professionals – including the option of being moved.
- New mental health support services to reach students who feel trapped.
Please sign our petition at scotlibdems.org.uk/student_catastrophe.