With a still difficult financial backdrop facing the city, Liberal Democrat councillors are presenting a fully costed budget plan that seeks to deliver on what our constituents tell us matter most.
Our full 2022-2023 Edinburgh Council budget can be found at edinburgh.gov.uk.
- An extra £9million to fix the potholes, broken pavements and crumbling paths which plague the city.
- Reversing the SNP's cuts to local primary and secondary school teacher budgets.
- A multi-million pound improvement plan for our parks and greenspaces, and a rollout of new and upgraded public toilets.
- Driving up recycling rates across the city, with expanded recycling centres and scrapping the bulky uplift charge.
- A £2.5million package of investment in flood prevention, including new money to finally clear blocked gullies and drains.
- New investment in police and CCTV to target speeding vehicles and address anti-social behaviour.